The Peterson Studio offers remote piano lessons for the following circumstances:
- Families/students who are not comfortable with sending their children out of the home setting during the Covid-19 Pandemic
- In the event that the studio needs to close due to Covid-19
- Snow Days
- Emergency situations (with advance notification/approval)
IMPORTANT - The Studio will be utilizing a new on line lesson platform called "YOUBRIO". We have found that they provide superior audio/visual quality compared with Zoom and other virtual platforms and it is free to use. The YouBrio platform will only work on Andriod (after version 5) and IOS (version 11.0 and above) as well as a more recent laptop. Follow the steps below to access and set up YouBrio:
1) Download the app onto your mobile device or tablet device via your app store (this is the preferred method). However, you may also access Youbrio.com with a more recent laptop.
2) Click on "Register" and then "Register as a Student"
3) When registering, PLEASE use the STUDENT's first and last name. If you have more than one member of your household taking lessons, put all of the students' names in the first name field.
4) If you are an adult student, please feel free to enter a fake birthday if you so desire. :)
5) Once you have registered successfully, click on "Add Teacher". In the search bar, type in "The Peterson Studio". You will see there are 3 choices - one for each teacher in the studio (Maria, Joel and Bianca). Please add all 3 of us and make each of us your favorite. You may need to do this one teacher at a time. Once this is completed, you are ready to go!
6) You will get a notification/email when we schedule a lesson. You will be prompted to accept the lesson booking. At the day/time of your lesson, open up the app (or log on to the website) on the device you wish to use for the lesson. You will see a notification that your lesson is pending. Click on "Join Lesson". You may enter the lesson room 15 minutes prior to the start time if you so desire. We will enter as soon as the lesson begins.
PLEASE NOTE: The Studio has been using the Zoom platform and will continue to do so as a back up. Some teachers will continue to use Zoom; specifically Bianca and Joel may continue to use Zoom with their younger private students as it gives a little more option in terms of screen sharing. They will let you know which platform they will be using prior to the start of the lesson. We will continue to do our best to provide links to lessons in advance, however, this may not be possible if the studio needs to close on short notice on any given day. It is imperative you have your Zoom/ YouBrio app/website open and ready to go and that you have access to the email that you provided during your studio registration sign up in order to receive links/invites. PLEASE REMEMBER:
1) Try to limit how many other devices are being used during the lesson time
2) Try to eliminate background noise
3) Have the camera facing all the keys and the student's face if possible
4) The student should be ready with all books, materials and PENCIL
5) Try to be near your router and always work on the newest device possible
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE TEXT OR CALL THE STUDIO!
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR COOPERATION AND FOR HELPING TO MAKE OUR VIRTUAL LESSONS SO SUCCESSFUL THIS PAST YEAR.