Lessons begin on September 10, 2018 and run through June 22, 2019. Classes are scheduled Monday - Friday.
Summer session begins on July 15, 2019 and runs Monday - Thursday, 1:30-5:30PM for a five week session ending on August 15, 2019. See Summer Lesson/Programs paragraph below for more information.
NO LESSONS WILL BE TAUGHT ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
October 6-8; November 21 - November 25; December 22 - January 1; February 18 (group classes); April 15-21; May 2 (group classes); May 25-27
REGULAR LESSONS WILL BE TAUGHT ON ALL OTHER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OR CLOSINGS, INCLUDING SCHOOL SNOW DAYS, UNLESS NOTIFIED BY THE TEACHER. RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS NOT LISTED ON THE CALENDAR WILL BE ACCOMMODATED WITH PRIOR NOTIFICATION. IN CASES OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, AS ALWAYS, SAFETY COMES FIRST SO USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION. PLEASE NOTE: THE STUDIO ENROLLS STUDENTS FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT SCHOOL DISTRICTS, THEREFORE, DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY ONE SCHOOL CALENDAR.
Tuition is billed monthly and is due on or before the 7th of the month. Please plan accordingly for missed lessons, mail delay, holidays, etc. You may pay by check (made payable to The Peterson Studio), credit card or using your PayPal account if you have one. If you choose to pay on line, a 2.9% fee will be added to your invoice. If you terminate lessons before the end of a month, you forfeit the rest of that month's tuition. If I terminate lessons before the end of the month, you will be refunded any unused lessons for that month. Termination must be made in writing, prior to the end of any given month.
There is no registration fee, recital fee, xerox fee, book deposit, or any other hidden costs.
TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS WITH MARIA
30 minutes - $30.00; 30 minutes (2) - $20.00
45 minutes - $45.00; 45 minutes (2) - $30.00
60 minutes - $60.00
TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS (all other teachers)
30 minutes - $25.00 (Bianca, Joel)
30 minutes - $28.00 (Jonina, Elliot)
COMPREHENSIVE PRIVATE LESSONS
60 minutes - $30.00
45 minutes - $30.00
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR MISSED LESSONS. THIS INCLUDES INCLEMENT WEATHER (OR ISSUES ARISING DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER), ILLNESS, VACATIONS, AND AFTER SCHOOL OR OTHER ACTIVITIES/EVENTS. IF YOU MISS A LESSON YOU WILL STILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE STUDIO RUNS AT FULL CAPACITY, THEREFORE MAKE UPS ARE NOT GUARANTEED AND AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED TO LESSON CANCELLATIONS OF OTHER STUDENTS. PRIORITY IS GIVEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE MISSED DUE TO ILLNESS OR INCLEMENT WEATHER.
- Please try to provide me with 24 hour notice if you must cancel a lesson.
- I will send out a group text if a makeup spot becomes available. For privacy purposes, please respond in a private text directly to me.
- The studio reserves the right to reassign make ups if necessary.
- Siblings are welcome to "swap" lesson times or take additional time if their lessons occur consecutively.
- "FaceTime" lessons (for Traditional Private) can be requested during your normal time frame if you cannot make it to the studio. "FaceTime" lessons can also be use for all students during snow days in the event that classes are cancelled.
- Group Classes can be used as make ups.
- If your child is enrolled in the Comprehensive Private Lesson, please note that if someone cancels in your group and no one signs up for that make up spot, your child benefits by getting the extra time!
- If a make up is offered and it is declined, or if it is accepted and cancelled by the student, the obligation to reschedule on the part of the teacher has been fulfilled.
- Makeups will not be extended into the summer session unless due to teacher cancellation.
- If you need to temporarily or permanently change your lesson time, or if you are able to provide me with advanced notice of a conflict, please call me ASAP and I will make every attempt to accommodate you.
- If I am unable to teach a private lesson, I will try to make it up by extending the lesson if the opportunity arises. Lessons may also be taught by a substitute teacher. The studio reserves the right to use a substitute teacher, however, every attempt will be made to reschedule with your assigned teacher. If the lesson cannot be made up by the end of the summer, you will be issued a credit or refund. Make ups for teacher cancellations take precedent over all other makeups. Studio closures due to inclement weather or situation arising from inclement weather is NOT considered a teacher cancellation.
- If you should terminate lessons prior to the end of the month, you forfeit the remainder of that month's lesson fees.
- If I should terminate lessons at any time, you will receive a full refund of any unused lessons.
Group classes are designed to enhance the private lesson as well as giving the students an opportunity to perform for each other and explore common practicing obstacles. Sight singing, ear training, music history, composition, rhythmic and melodic dictation and keyboard harmony will also be explored. Children are grouped according to age and/or level of ability. Classes will meet on Monday, February 18 and Thursday, May 2, and are $15.00 per child for 1 1/2 - 2 hours. If you have missed a lesson that could not be made up, the group lessons are offered as a make up and will be free of charge. For this reason, group lessons are not billed until the end of the calendar year so that final attendance can be accounted for. Group fees are invoiced separately from tuition at the end of June.
The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to attend a lesson.
Due to timeliness, books will be purchased for you or your child as needed. Book charges are typically added to the following month's invoice, therefore, be sure to check invoices carefully.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
The studio is hereby granted permission to take photographs or videos of students for use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, Facebook, or other social media and promotional materials the studio creates. Please provide a written request to opt out.
Students should expect to continue lessons on at least a part-time schedule through out the summer to maintain skills they develop through the school year. Students who do not enroll in summer lessons/group camps are not guaranteed a spot in the studio for the next year. All students are required to take a minimum of two lessons during the summer, which will be added to the June invoice. All summer lessons are $30.00 for one half hour. In an effort to accommodate all of our busy summer schedules, the studio will be open for a total of 5 weeks of which you may choose your own day/time. Enrollment deadline for the summer session is the first day of the session - July 15. The Piano Blast Camps are run weekly, Monday - Thursday, 9am - 11:30am for a period of 1-2 weeks. Please click on the Summer Camp 2019 tab at the top of the page for more information. Please note that the cancellation/make up policy remains in effect for the summer. The summer lesson/camp schedule will be available by May 1.
- Studio entrance is on the right side of the house.
- Parking is in the driveway if available, or on the street in front of the house. The street loops around, so you will not have to turn around to enter or exit.
- Students must keep their fingernails SHORT.
- Students must bring their music books and folder/binder to every lesson.
- Parents and children are provided a separate waiting area in the studio equipped with a TV, Wifi, games and books. Please help keep the room tidy by cleaning up food, drink, throwing out garbage and putting games and books back on the shelves.
- Young children should not be left unattended.
- Please provide me with a cell number that I can text or call in the event of an emergency. This is the fastest and easiest way to communicate!
- Please call, text or email me in ADVANCE of the lesson if you have any issues or concerns so that I can give my full attention to your child during lesson time.
- If your child rides the bus to the lesson, please be aware that if the bus is unexpectedly delayed or does not show up, the lesson start time cannot be delayed and my make up policy will be in affect .
- I will do my best to have your child ready on time, however, occasionally I might run over the time period. This is sometimes necessary if I feel that I need to spend a little extra time in order to assure that they will be prepared to practice for the week. I appreciate your patience at these times and I will do my best to accommodate your schedules.
Music is my joy and passion. I have been teaching piano for nearly thirty years - I love children (of all ages!) and I love what I do. I take great care to hire teachers who are knowledgeable, patient and connect well with children. If you ever have any problems or concerns about me, my staff, my studio, or your child - please feel free to speak with me. I welcome all input; constructive criticism as well as compliments!!! I thank you so much for the opportunity to bring music into your lives and homes!