Lessons begin on September 14, 2020 and run through June 18, 2021. Classes are scheduled Monday - Friday.
Summer session runs from June 28, 2021 through August 14, 2021 - Monday - Friday, 10:00AM - 6:30PM.
NO LESSONS WILL BE TAUGHT ON THE FOLLOWING DAYS:
October 12; November 25 - November 27; December 21 - January 1; February 15; March 29-April 2; May 31
REGULAR LESSONS WILL BE TAUGHT ON ALL OTHER SCHOOL HOLIDAYS OR CLOSINGS, INCLUDING SCHOOL SNOW DAYS, UNLESS NOTIFIED BY THE TEACHER. RELIGIOUS CONFLICTS NOT LISTED ON THE CALENDAR WILL BE ACCOMMODATED WITH PRIOR NOTIFICATION. IN CASES OF INCLEMENT WEATHER, AS ALWAYS, SAFETY COMES FIRST SO USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION. PLEASE NOTE: THE STUDIO ENROLLS STUDENTS FROM SEVERAL DIFFERENT SCHOOL DISTRICTS, THEREFORE, DOES NOT FOLLOW ANY ONE SCHOOL CALENDAR.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC, 2019-2020 RATES HAVE BEEN EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER 31, 2020.
Tuition is billed monthly and is due on or before the 7th of the month. Please plan accordingly for missed lessons, mail delay, holidays, etc. You may pay by check (made payable to The Peterson Studio), credit card or using your PayPal account if you have one. If you choose to pay on line, a 2.9% fee will be added to your invoice. A credit card must be kept on file and will only be charged if payment is NOT received by the time the following month’s invoice is ready to be sent. If you terminate lessons before the end of a month, you forfeit the rest of that month's tuition. If I terminate lessons before the end of the month, you will be refunded any unused lessons for that month. Termination must be made in writing, prior to the end of any given month.
There is no registration fee, recital fee, xerox fee, book deposit, or any other hidden costs.
TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS WITH MARIA (ADULTS AND BEGINNERS)
30 minutes - $31.00
45 minutes - $46.50
60 minutes - $62.00
ADVANCED PRIVATE LESSONS WITH MARIA
45 minutes - $49.50
60 minutes - $66.00
TRADITIONAL PRIVATE LESSONS (all other teachers)
30 minutes - $26.00
COMPREHENSIVE GROUP LESSONS
60 minutes - $31.00
MUSIC APPRECIATION WITH JOEL AND BIANCA
60 minutes - $15.00 (4 student minimum)
No refunds for missed lessons and no makeups guaranteed unless instructor is absent and must cancel
- THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR MISSED LESSONS. THIS INCLUDES INCLEMENT WEATHER (OR ISSUES ARISING DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER), ILLNESS, VACATIONS, AND SCHOOL OR OTHER ACTIVITIES/EVENTS. IF YOU MISS A LESSON YOU WILL STILL BE EXPECTED TO PAY FOR THE ENTIRE MONTH. PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THE STUDIO RUNS AT FULL CAPACITY, THEREFORE MAKE UPS ARE NOT GUARANTEED AND AVAILABILITY IS LIMITED TO LESSON CANCELLATIONS OF OTHER STUDENTS.
- Please try to provide me with 24 hour notice via text, email or phone if you must cancel a lesson.
- Cancellations will be converted to available make up spots on the calendar as they arise. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR CANCELLING AND SIGNING YOURSELF UP FOR MAKE UP SPOTS VIA MY WEBSITE CALENDAR. It is important to make sure you are signing up for the correct teacher and lesson type. The makeup spots are clearly labeled for your convenience.
- The studio reserves the right to reassign make ups if necessary.
- Siblings are welcome to "swap" lesson times or take additional time if their lessons occur consecutively or concurrently.
- Zoom/YouBrio remote lessons can be requested during your normal time frame if you cannot make it to the studio due to illness or inclement weather - or for Covid-19 concerns. (Please see "Remote Learning" tab on the Home Page for more information).
- There will be up to two additional group master classes on the calendar that can be used as make ups for students grades K-12. (in-studio only - please see the "Classes and Programs" page for more information).
- Those enrolled in Comprehensive Group Classes have built in makeups when someone in your group cancels.
- Missed make up lessons can not be rescheduled.
- Makeups will not be extended into the summer session unless due to teacher cancellation.
- Makeups cannot be used to consistently change a spot that is no longer working for you. If you need to temporarily or permanently change your lesson time, or if you are able to provide me with advanced notice of a conflict, please call me ASAP and I will make every attempt to accommodate you.
- If I am unable to teach a private lesson, I will try to make it up by extending the lesson if the opportunity arises. Lessons may also be taught by a substitute teacher. The studio reserves the right to use a substitute teacher, however, every attempt will be made to reschedule with your assigned teacher. If the lesson cannot be made up by the end of the summer, you will be issued a credit or refund. Make ups for teacher cancellations take precedent over all other makeups. Studio closures due to inclement weather or situations arising from inclement weather is NOT considered a teacher cancellation.
- If you should terminate lessons prior to the end of the month, you forfeit the remainder of that month's lesson fees.
- If I should terminate lessons at any time, you will receive a full refund of any unused lessons.
The studio reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to attend a lesson.
Due to timeliness, books will be purchased for you or your child as needed. Book charges are typically added to the following month's invoice, therefore, be sure to check invoices carefully. IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOUR CHILD BRING THEIR BOOKS TO EVERY LESSON. I MAY NOT ALWAYS HAVE DOUBLES TO WORK FROM.
PHOTO AND VIDEO RELEASE
The studio is hereby granted permission to take photographs or videos of students for use in brochures, websites, posters, advertisements, Facebook, or other social media and promotional materials the studio creates. Please provide a written request to opt out.
Students should expect to continue lessons on at least a part-time schedule throughout the summer to maintain skills they develop through the school year. Since spots cannot be held open for the summer, students who do not enroll in summer lessons are not guaranteed a spot in the studio for the next year. All students are required to take a minimum of two lessons during the summer, which will be added to the June invoice. Please note that the cancellation/make up policy remains in effect for the summer.
- Studio entrance is on the right side of the house.
- Parking is in the driveway if available, in the parking lot or in front of my house. No parking across the street and please do not park on the grass. The street loops around, so you will not have to turn around to enter or exit.
- Please respect my neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum and refraining from using their driveways to turn around.
- Students must keep their fingernails SHORT.
- Students must bring their music books and folder/binder to every lesson.
- Parents and children are provided a separate waiting area in the studio equipped with a TV, Wifi, games and books. Please help keep the room tidy by cleaning up food, drink, throwing out garbage and putting games and books back on the shelves.
- Young children should not be left unattended.
- Please provide me with a cell number that I can text or call in the event of an emergency. This is the fastest and easiest way to communicate!
- Please call, text or email me in ADVANCE of the lesson if you have any issues or concerns so that I can give my full attention to your child during lesson time.
- If your child rides the bus to the lesson, please be aware that if the bus is delayed or does not show up, the lesson start time cannot be delayed and my make up policy will be in affect . ALL SCHOOLS will need a note allowing your child to ride the bus to my home on their specific day. Without this note, your child will not be permitted on the bus. THERE WILL BE NO BUS SERVICE TO THE STUDIO FOR THE 2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR DUE TO COVID-19
- I will do my best to have your child ready on time, however, occasionally I might run over the time period. This is sometimes necessary if I feel that I need to spend a little extra time in order to assure that they will be prepared to practice for the week. I appreciate your patience at these times and I will do my best to accommodate your schedules.
- COVID-19 GUIDELINES - PLEASE SEE SEPARATE TAB ON HOMEPAGE
Music is my joy and passion. I have been teaching piano for nearly thirty years - I love children (of all ages!) and I love what I do. I take great care to hire teachers who are knowledgeable, patient and connect well with children. If you ever have any problems or concerns about me, my staff, my studio, or your child - please feel free to speak with me. I welcome all input; constructive criticism as well as compliments!!! I thank you so much for the opportunity to bring music into your lives and homes!