THE PETERSON STUDIO CORE VALUES:
- We believe that all students deserve a complete musical education with the goal of developing into independent life-long learners and enthusiasts of music.
- We strive to create an environment that engages our students emotionally and intellectually as well as musically.
- We value our instructors and include their input in all facets of the studio, it's programs, pedagogy and communication.
- We believe that music is JOY and that translates to every part of our lives, whether student or teacher.
ABOUT THE STUDIO:
The Peterson Studio (TPS) is located in Highland, NY and has current enrollment of approximately 160+ piano students ages 3 1/2 through 65+. Ages 3-6 and adults are taught in private, 30 minute lessons. Unlike many other studios, TPS teaches the majority of their students (ages 7-17) privately in 1 hour multi-age/multi-level group sessions of 4 students per group. Lessons include both instruction and practice time on keyboards equipped with two sets of headphones (1 for the teacher, 1 for the student) so that each student can be taught at their own level/ability.
TPS is located in a turn of the century home lovingly restored with a separate space for the studio. It is warm and welcoming and a beautiful place to teach with plenty of lovely outdoor space for breaks. We have created an encouraging, supportive, comfortable and compassionate environment for our families and our teachers. We look forward to having you join us!
- One F/T Private Piano Instructor (ages 4-6)/Group Private Instructor (ages 7-17)
- One P/T Early Childhood Private Music Instructor (ages 3-6 - some piano experience necessary)
- Music or Education degree (or working towards) preferred or equivalent
- Strong sight reading skills (Level 3 NYSSMA or above for group classes)
- Some piano experience for Early Childhood Instructor position
- Experience working with children, especially ages 4-8 (paid training available)
- Must have your own reliable transportation
- Show up prepared to all classes with lesson plans and all materials necessary for a successful lesson
- Consistent communication with parents via emailed lesson notes
- Attendance at all required staff meetings and recitals/festivals
- Completed quarterly student progress reports
- must LOVE children and be able to communicate on their level
- strong communication/collaboration skills
- detail oriented/organized
- must be creative and excited to learn and share new curriculum
- must be committed to learning on line software systems and musical apps
- able to commit to teaching consistently every week from September-June (with the exception of holidays)
- a commitment to develop relationships with students, families and co-teachers
- Monday-Friday - approximately 2pm-7:30pm for full time position
-Monday - Friday - approximately 3:00 - 6:00 for part time position (can be somewhat flexible)
- One all-day recital every April or May
- One half-day Festival that occurs in April or May
- 6 or 7 week Summer Session approximately 3 days/week
- $30-$50/hour based on experience, number of years at TPS and types of classes taught
PLEASE SEND LETTER OF INTEREST/RESUME to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the "Contact" page on this site.