The following guidelines have been set up in order to keep you, your children and teachers as safe as possible while we open during the COVID-19 pandemic:
1) The studio will be open and running at full capacity as of Fall 2021. The studio is subject to close at any time for safety reasons during the pandemic.
2) No food in the studio. Students may bring their own water bottle which will not be shared. Please write your name on the water bottle.
3) We are still trying to limit use of the bathroom, so if possible, try to have your child use the facilities at home before the lesson. Although I will do my best to wipe it down after each use, I will still leave wipes on the sink so that you may also wipe down surfaces prior to using them.
4) Keyboards are spaced 6 feet apart and do not face each other. They will be wiped down in between lessons and during the lesson if the situation warrants. iPads and headphones will be wiped down as well.
5) There will be keyboard wipes and antibacterial at each piano.
6) All students MUST use anti bacterial or wash hands prior to using the keyboards or ipads and during the lesson when the situation warrants.
7) We are trying to limit the amount of traffic in the studio during the pandemic and therefore, parents/siblings/friends are not encouraged to sit in on lessons at this time. There are windows and doors for observation. There is an outside waiting area that I will try to keep warm during the Winter. If you have a very young child that needs assistance during the lesson, or if you have a concern that makes it necessary for you to be present in the lesson, please contact the studio prior to the lesson so that safe accommodations can be made.
8) As of Wednesday, March 2,2022 face coverings will be optional in the studio.
9) I know each and every family and student who attends my studio. You have all been so supportive and cooperative and I am grateful for that. I fully trust that you will NOT send any child who does not feel well or exhibits any symptoms of illness. If any of the teachers feel that a student does not look well - or if the student complains of not feeling well, we will use the forehead thermometer immediately and escort the student outside. You will be called to pick them up. PLEASE be readily available during your child's lesson time. If any of the teachers feel ill or exhibit symptoms of illness, in studio lessons will be cancelled until such time that we are sure it is not COVID related. Zoom lessons are available on a case by case basis when students or teachers are ill.
11) These guidelines are subject to change as conditions and mandates change. They are flexible and fluid and their success depends upon feedback from teachers, parents and students alike. It is important that we keep the lines of communication open and that any concerns or suggestions are shared promptly. IF YOU CHOOSE TO COME TO THE STUDIO, WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOU WILL NOT CONTRACT COVID-19, NOR CAN WE BE HELD RESPONSIBLE. WE CAN ONLY PROMISE TO DO OUR VERY BEST TO FOLLOW ALL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS.